The Office of Safe Environment is recruiting Safe Environment facilitators as the continued success of our Safe Environment Program depends significantly upon skilled volunteers to facilitate our initial 2 ½ hour training, “Protecting God’s Children” and our 1 ½ hour re-certification training, “Entrusted to Protect, Dedicated to Restore”. The two trainings address how to deal effectively with child sexual abuse issues once they arise, along with reducing risks to our children, youth, and vulnerable adults.
To be considered for the role of the facilitator, one must meet the following requirements:
- Be age 21 or older
- Submit a completed application along with three (3) references
- Credentialed and current in Safe Environment
- Attend one three-hour facilitator training
- Practicing Catholic in good standing
Expectations of a facilitator:
• The Safe Environment facilitator position is a volunteer position. The diocese will reimburse for expenses related to leading a Safe Environment training.
• The diocese provides all materials necessary to facilitate the Safe Environment trainings.
• Facilitators are expected to offer one initial and one recertification Safe Environment training during the months of January - June and during the months of July – December.
• Facilitators agree to abide by the diocesan facilitator procedures.
• Facilitators must have access to the internet and be proficient in using email and navigating the internet.
• Facilitators must conduct themselves in a manner which is consistent with and supportive of the mission of the diocese.
The training dates available are:
- Saturday, September 22, 2018: 9:00a – 12:00p at the Chancery, Syracuse
- Thursday, September 27. 2018: 9:00a – 12:00p at Catholic Charities of Broome County, Binghamton
If you would like an application sent to you, please complete the attached goggle form: Request for facilitator application
Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Office of Safe Environment at 315.470.1421 or email email@example.com.