Safe Environment Week
The diocese celebrated its 3rd annual Safe Environment Week Nov. 12-18, 2018. Most Rev. Robert J. Cunningham and the Offices of Safe Environment and Victim Assistance acknowledge the dedicated clergy, religious, employees, and volunteers who are committed to Protecting God's Gifts: our children, young people, and vulnerable adults.
2018 Safe Environment Coloring Contest
Any student, especially our Catholic school and Faith Formation students, are invited to display their creativity by participating in our poster and media contest about #ProtectingGod’sGifts.
Child Abuse Prevention Month
Child Abuse Prevention Month (April) is a time to recognize that each and every one of us can play a part in promoting the well-being of our children, who are gifts entrusted to us by God. National Child Abuse Prevention Month reminds us of the need to be vigilant about providing a safe environment for all within the Church. We must all do our part to protect the life and dignity of our children at home, at school, and at church in an effort to end neglect and abuse of our innocent youth.
Please join us in our renewed commitment to remain tireless and observant in protecting and caring for our children, our youth, and vulnerable adults.
- United States Conference of Catholic Bishops Child and Youth Protection Charter
- National Child Abuse Prevention Month
- Prevent Child Abuse America
- Prevent Child Abuse New York
- Prayer card (in English & Spanish)
- Prayer to Patroness of Abused Children
- Blessing for a Victim
- So there is no doubt: overview of the USCCB Charter for the Protection of Children and Young People