On August 15, 2018 the Office of Vocation Promotion launched an exciting collaboration with Syracuse Catholic TV called #MyVocationStory.
Promote the Office of Vocation Promotion through powerful and candid video testimonials given by members of the Vocation Promotion Team.
- Introduce faithful to the members of the Vocation Promotion team
- Encourage, inspire, and motivate young men discerning a call to the priesthood
- Foster and nurture a culture of vocation promotion in parishes and schools
- Generate buzz leading up to National Vocation Awareness Week
- Promote the newly-redesigned vocation promotion website
- Generate awareness of and increase following of new vocation promotion social media accounts (Facebook and Instagram)
- Further our mission of promoting vocations to the priesthood as outlined in the diocesan strategic plan
- - -
Watch all seven #MyVocationStory testimonies here
Video testimonials were distributed via the following digital platforms:
- Facebook: video files were uploaded to the vocation promotion page
- Instagram: 45 second 'teasers' were shared two days before the full video was uploaded to generate buzz (also shared on Facebook page)
- YouTube: videos were uploaded to the Syracuse Catholic Television YouTube channel (view playlist here)
- Videos were uploaded to the vocation promotion website
- Diocesan weekly email newsletter (see example here)
- Weekly internal email to all clergy/staff, parishes, ministries, schools
The following hashtags were used: #MyVocationStory, #VocationsSyracuse
The seven #MyVocationStory testimonies were viewed over 2,000 times on YouTube and had a total watch time of just over 28 hours.
On the vocation promotion Facebook page, the full-length testimonies were viewed for a total of 18,026 minutes and had an organic reach of of 37,908 people.
- Total video shares: 167
- Total video likes: 1,149
Our focus was views and reactions on our social media pages, but the testimonies page on the vocation promotion website also received a total of 95 visits during the duration of the campaign.
Videos were cross-promoted on the diocesan Facebook page and on The Catholic Sun homepage/social media.
On the vocation promotion Instagram page, 'teasers' reached 969 users and were liked 171 times. Posts directing users to click a temporary profile link to view full-length testimonies reached close to 750 users.
Links to Vocation Promotion Social Media Accounts