Pre-Cana Marriage Preparation in the Diocese of Syracuse
Welcome to online registration! Before registering, please read the following information.
1) First, meet with your priest. Meeting with your priest or deacon is required before registering. Even if you are getting married outside the diocese, you will need to meet with a local priest or deacon to ensure that all requirements have been met before registering for a class.
2) Register early. Many classes sell out 4 to 6 weeks in advance, so we encourage you to register as soon as possible.
3) Classes are for you and your fiance (e). Classes are designed to be taken as a couple. You must attend class with your fiance (e), even if he/she is not Catholic. Do not register if you or your fiance (e) cannot both attend class.
4) Classes are offered in different areas. Classes are available in or near Syracuse, Utica, and Binghamton. Please check your location before registering.
5) Rescheduling? Contact us first. To avoid being charged twice for classes, do not re-register if you need to reschedule a class. For a schedule change, contact the Family/Respect Life Office at 315-472-6754 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be happy to assist you.
6) Confirmation. You will receive an email confirmation after registration. If you do not receive a confirmation email within one week, please email Mary Kortright at email@example.com
7) We’ll send you a reminder. You will also receive an email reminder 3 days before class with the full address and directions to the location.
- In the event of inclement weather: if you suspect that your class may be canceled due to weather, first check your email. You may also contact the location where your session is scheduled to inquire about cancellation, or call the office of Family/Respect Life between the hours of 8:30 am and 4:30 pm, M-F, at 315-472-6754.
8) The calendar to the right displays the next available Marriage Preparation class. Click the arrow on the top-right to view the following month. To view a list of all Marriage Preparation classes, click the registration link at the bottom of the page.
9) Preparing for a lifetime. Our marriage preparation classes provide a foundation for happy, healthy, and joy-filled marriages. Your marriage will thrive with love and nourishment. Where to begin? If possible, regularly attend Mass together and become part of a parish family. They’re a great source of strength and encouragement. The Family/Respect Life Office also has information about programs to support marriages. The United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) has a wealth of information and resources available as well at: www.foryourmarriage.org.
- Prayers for a Future Husband and Wife
- The 'New' Order of Celebrating Matrimony: Presentation by Fr. Christopher Seibt (PPT)
- Saying 'I Do' - What Happens at a Catholic Wedding (video)
- Marriage as a Sacrament Worksheet