Fortnight for Freedom | June 21-July 4, 2017
Each year dioceses around the country arrange special events to highlight the importance of defending religious freedom. The Fortnight for Freedom is from June 21—the vigil of the Feasts of St. John Fisher and St. Thomas More—to July 4, Independence Day.
Witnesses to Freedom
This year, we will look at the lives of more than 14 women and men of faith, from all over the world, who bear witness to authentic freedom in Christ. Join us on the Diocese of Syracuse Facebook page as we highlight these courageous men and women during the Fortnight, and check out the list of resources below.
The bishops have urged an intensification of penance and prayer for religious freedom in our country. These resources are provided to help the faithful learn more about our courageous forebears in the faith and to follow their example:
- USCCB Call to Prayer Facebook Page
- @USCCBFreedom on Twitter
- Friday Fast - Prayer Intentions & Reflections
- Fortnight for Freedom Fact Sheets (information on threats to religious liberty)
- Additional USCCB prayer resources
- Fortnight for Freedom Bulletin Insert written by Fr. Charles Vavonese