This month is a time to recognize that each and every one of us can play a part in promoting the well-being of our children, who are gifts entrusted to us by God. National Child Abuse Prevention Month reminds us of the need to be vigilant about providing a safe environment for all within the Church. We must all do our part to protect the life and dignity of our children at home, at school, and at church in an effort to end neglect and abuse of our innocent youth.
Please join the Diocese of Syracuse Office of Child and Youth Protection in its renewed committment to remain tireless and observant in protecting and caring for our children, our youth, and vulnerable adults. As we celebrate the season of Easter, let us also celebrate the protection of our most valuable gift from God: our children.
Resources for parishes and families were available in the April edition of MySyrDio E-resources.
The diocese joined others of many faiths for a Multi-Faith Prayer Service in observance of National Child Abuse Prevention Month on Thursday, April 21 2016 at7:00 pm at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Syracuse. The service provided an opportunity for all agencies, providers, counselors, victims and survivors, families and friends to come together with a communal mission to support the victims and survivors of child abuse.
- United States Conference of Catholic Bishops Child and Youth Protection Charter
- National Child Abuse Prevention Month
- Prevent Child Abuse America
- Prevent Child Abuse New York
- Prayer card (in English & Spanish)
- Prayer to Patroness of Abused Children
- Blessing for a Victim
- So there is no doubt: overview of the USCCB Charter for the Protection of Children and Young People