Faced with the crisis of child sexual abuse by clerics that dramatically came to light in 2002, the church set up an aggressive safe environment program that is the envy of other organizations that work with children [USCCB]
The following are resources you may find useful in making the Charter for the Protection of Children and Young People part of what we do as Church.
- Emergency Numbers
- Infographic: Promise to Protect, Pledge to Heal
- Infographic: Key Milestones
- Nov. 6, 2015 Response from Bishop Cunningham Regarding Petition on Change.org
- Oct. 29, 2015 press release announcing the memorandum of understanding (PDF)
- Memorandum of Understanding Between the District Attorney and the Diocese of Syracuse Relating to the Reporting of Sexual Misconduct of Minors by Clergy and Religious (PDF)
- Sept. 13, 2015 Letter from Bishop Cunningham (PDF)
- Aug. 1, 2015 Promulgation Letter from Bishop Cunningham (PDF)
- From the Vatican: "Abuse of Minors: The Church's Response"
- Diocese of Syracuse Code of Conduct for Clergy, Employees, and Volunteers
- When I Call for Help: A Pastoral Response to Domestic Violence Against Women (USCCB, 2002)